Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Silver)
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans II CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 0.5″ 2,360k-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Continuous Shooting up to 7 fps
- 49-Point Single Point Autofocus Mode
- 77-Point Zone, Wide/Tracking Focus Modes
- Maximum 51200 ISO Sensitivity
The silver Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 16.3 megapixel, APS-C, X-Trans CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II to provide high quality imagery and exceptional camera performance. The combination of the sensor and processor enables a native sensitivity range from ISO 200-6400, which is further expandable to ISO 100-51200. Fujifilm’s proprietary X-Trans sensor uses a unique randomized pixel array in order to avoid the use of a resolution-reducing optical low-pass filter, therefore providing images with the utmost sharpness and clarity. This imaging system is benefitted by the Intelligent Hybrid AF system, which uses both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly and accurately. Enhanced manual focusing capabilities are also a result of these technologies; Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking are two methods for quickly and precisely determining focus. The EXR Processor II also delivers fast performance speeds to all aspects of the camera, ranging from quick startup and shutter lag times to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate.
For image monitoring, review, and menu navigation, both a 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 1,040k-dot LCD screen are available. The body design extends this versatility through the implementation of manual, physical control dials on the top plate of the camera as well as seven different customizable buttons and a Q Menu button for expedited access to some of the most useful settings. This control scheme further enables an intuitive, built-in Wi-Fi system for direct sharing of imagery for instant sharing online.
Full HD 1080p movie recording in multiple frame rates is possible and a 2.5mm microphone input permits the use of an optional external microphone for improved audio quality with recordings. Full-time continuous focusing is supported while taking video, also, as well as the use of Film Simulation modes. Film Simulation modes make use of Fujifilm’s history of producing both negative and slide films and allow you to apply those films’ characteristics to your digital imagery to better suit your intended look.
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- A large, 16.3MP, APS-C, CMOS image sensor is integrated into the X-E2S to provide high image quality and detail. Using Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans bespoke pixel array, the sensor is designed with a randomized pixel pattern to eliminate the need of an optical low-pass filter for reducing moire and aliasing. By removing this filter from the design, higher image sharpness is possible.
For photographing in low-light situations, an ISO sensitivity of up to 51200 is provided.
- EXR Processor II
- Aside from benefitting low-light performance, the EXR Processor II also provides quick performance throughout the entire camera system. The camera start-up time is about 0.5 seconds, shutter lag is about 0.05 seconds, and the shooting interval time is about 0.5 seconds. Additionally, this processing power provides enough speed to capture full resolution images at a continuous rate of 7 fps for up to 18 consecutive frames.
- Multiple Autofocus Modes for Speed and Accuracy
- Intelligent Hybrid AF is a quick, responsive autofocus system that employs both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly in a wide variety of lighting conditions and shooting situations. Clear focus can be attained in as little as 0.06 seconds to aid in catching fast-paced movement more easily. Three focus modes are available (AF-S, AF-C, and M) for greater control over how the X-E2 achieves sharp focus. The autofocus system features a 49-point Single Point mode for fast, precise focusing, as well as Zone and Wide/Tracking modes that utilize a 77-point area to better capture moving subjects. Complementing these autofocus options is a silent electronic shutter that is capable of capturing images at up to 1/32000 of a second.
- Classic Camera Design
- Featuring a body design reminiscent of film cameras, the X-E2S exhibits a meshing of both analog exposure controls along with intelligent automated technologies. The clean and functional body design incorporates physical shutter speed and two command dials that pair well with the manual aperture rings found on many of the XF lenses for intuitive exposure settings. Seven different buttons are customizable depending on individual needs and an easily-accessible Q Menu provides a one-touch solution to modifying some of the most frequently used camera settings, such as ISO, white balance, and file settings.
For live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, both a bright, clear 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 1,040k-dot LCD monitor with reinforced glass construction are available.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps with a high bit-rate of 36 Mbps. Frame rates of 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, and 24 fps, are also provided to support motion picture formats across multiple regions. Up to 14 and 27 minutes of video can be recorded in full HD 1080p and 720p respectively.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images when using the Fujifilm Camera Remote App. Sharing of imagery is further expedited by simply pressing and holding the dedicated Wi-Fi button to begin transferring immediately.
- Film Simulation Mode and Advanced Filters
- Taking advantage of Fujifilm’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-E2S integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm’s classic film types. These include a Classic Chrome mode that delivers muted tones and deep colors. Pulling from their line of transparency films, PROVIA offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, VELVIA produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, ASTIA gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones, and a Classic Chrome mode that delivers muted tones and deep colors. Mimicking their negative films, PRO Neg. Std. gives smooth image tones that are suitable for accurate color renditions, while PRO Neg. Hi produces a more dramatic feel with the ability to draw color out of a variety of lighting conditions. In addition to the colorful benefits of these Film Simulation modes, there are also monochrome modes that simulate the look of traditional yellow, green, and red black and white contrast filters. A sepia mode is also available for producing an inherently nostalgic look.
Eight Advanced Filters are also available to creatively enhance the look of imagery, and include: High Key, Low Key, Soft Focus, Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, Dynamic Tone, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple).
- Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in 14-bit RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface. Additionally, for more thorough processing of files, RAW File Converter software is included for RAW image processing on your computer.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired, film simulation effects are applicable, and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD.
- An Auto Mode Switch allows you to instantly change to an advanced auto mode with optimized settings
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360 degree wide in a seamless, sweeping manner
- Super Intelligent pop-up flash provides supplemental fill lighting when needed
- Photos can be sent to an instax SHARE Smartphone Printer using the instax SHARE app for iOS or Android
- A separately-available hand grip offers increased comfort for holding over long durations
|Lens Mount||Fujifilm X Mount|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Max Resolution||4896 x 3264|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.6 x 15.6 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: H.264, MOV
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Clip Length||Up to 27 Min|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video)
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 77
Phase Detection: 15
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23.00 mm|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3″ Front Screen LCD (1,040,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-6400 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
Speed: 1 – 1/32000 Second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 4 – 1/4000 Second in Program Mode
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 – 1/4000 Second in Time Mode
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 60 – 0 Minute in Bulb Mode
|Remote Control||RR-90 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes||Automatic Scene Recognition, Color Temperature, Custom, Fine, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 7 fps at 16.3 MP for up to 18 frames
Up to 3 fps at 16.3 MP for up to frames
Forced On/Red-eye Reduction
Rear Curtain Sync/Red-eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
|Guide No.||22.97′ (7 m) ISO200|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 180 Second|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Start-up Time||0.5 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.05 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||2.5mm Sub-mini (3-Ring), HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0|
|Software System Requirements||Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1|
|Battery||1 x NP-W126 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1260 mAh|
32 to 104 degreeF (0 to 40 degreeC)
Humidity: 10 – 80%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.1 x 2.9 x 1.5″ / 129.0 x 74.9 x 37.2 mm minimum depth: 1.2″ / 30.9 mm|
|Weight||12.30 oz / 349 g with battery and memory card|
|Package Weight||2.35 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.1 x 7.0 x 4.0″|